After much stress

  • Thread starter Thread starter Karen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Karen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2014
Messages
145
Reaction score
26
Location
Mountlake Terrace, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my tank moved to the new apartment last evening. The cloudiness dissipated by this morning (until I blew the sand off the rocks with a turkey baster). All inhabitants are present and accounted for. Water parameters look good

Ph 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0

The cloudiness from basting the rock is already dissipating a half hour later. I will be testing the water daily and doing a water change within the next day or so.:bigsmile:
 
Salinity is a bit on the low side. 1.021

I have only fish and some yellow polyps and Xenia, so i am thinking this is ok for now?
 
I agree....I would slowly raise it...even those are both tough to kill corals, the low salinity isn't helping them.
 
I will definitely be working on salinity. I just came home for lunch and looked at the tank. Everything still looks good and the cloudiness from basting the rock is gone.
 
Parameters day 2
Ph 8.0
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Salinity 1.021

Adding some salt mix this morning to start bringing the salinity up.

Fish are out and about. So far so good.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new