agent462's 220 rimless shallow peninsula reef

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Yes and No.

Ich requires lower flow. If you have lower flow, it will kill anything that can be killed at higher flow. I just keep it at low flow.
 
I sent Sonny a bunch of pictures through PM I had taken earlier. When I got back from the vacation my tank was angry at me.

I did something that was not smart and adjusted my calcium reactor about the week before I left. I'm just so used to tinkering with something almost everyday and didn't even think of the coming up vacation. I came home to low alk and ph. I lost a few nice pieces, some are recovering and some weren't affected.

I've updated my Reef Candy thread a little with some pieces. If you have not checked that out, it's in my signature. I usually reserve this thread for tank/system updates.

Lesson learned: Before adjusting anything think if you are going to be around next week first.
 
Tile for the tank stand.

IMG_5967.JPG
 
Nice!!! Im getting ready to tile mine. Are those black tiles in the bottom right of the picture the stick on ones from home depot??

Sonny


Tile for the tank stand.

IMG_5967.JPG
 
They are a dark brown glass. Since the backing board, glue, tile are going to create a lip at the top those are going to be placed on top of the lip. I'm then going to caulk the between the bottom tank rim and these so water can't get behind. I've never tiled..so this should be fun..
 
what kind of warranty do you get with that size rimless? i love it, but i'm always paraniod about the lack of bracing?
 
The warranty from Miracles on my tank is 5 years. If you get it from a reputable tank maker, you shouldn't need to worry. In their words my tank is overbuilt. It gives them piece of mind knowing they're delivering a tank that is going to last.
 
GOOD LUCK!!! they haven't been around all that long.

I have my 3rd tank from Miracles, a 72x36x22 Rimless coming in about a week and couldn't be happier. Before this tank I had a 48x24x20 Rimless from Miracles that was up for over two years, with no issues what so ever. I have seen almost every major tank brand in the USA and can confidently say that Miracles builds the best. Derek and co. at Miracles have a customer for life. :D
 
I have my 3rd tank from Miracles, a 72x36x22 Rimless coming in about a week and couldn't be happier. Before this tank I had a 48x24x20 Rimless from Miracles that was up for over two years, with no issues what so ever. I have seen almost every major tank brand in the USA and can confidently say that Miracles builds the best. Derek and co. at Miracles have a customer for life. :D
yeah when did 21-22 years of building aquariums become not long. I'll be a customer for life for sure.
 
sorry i misunderstood them they have been building rimless tanks for about 7yrs and they told me any rimless over 200gal. comes with a 1yr warrany?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new