Aggression to Midas blenny

  • Thread starter Thread starter KayKaytn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KayKaytn

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2018
Messages
30
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added a Midas Blenny to my 36 Gallon mixed reef. The tank is 3 feet long. x 1 feet wide and 1.2 feet deep. I have two oscellaris clowns, a royal gramma and two bangai cardinals. My clowns are acting very aggressively to the blenny and it seems like the cardinals are joining in occasionally. The clowns never harrassed the cardinals or the royal gramma, but I previously had to remove a firefish as they were mercilessly attacking it. Prior to this, I had a watchman goby who died but there was never any aggression toward it. I have removed the blenny to a separate tank for now, but I'd like to know if anyone has had success with removing the clowns to a separate tank or acclimation box and letting the new fish settle in. Or is this a losing game? I'd hate to have to return the blenny since he's been in quarantine for a month and it's a great fish and my clowns have been with me from the beginning. Any tips or experience with this would be great. I have included a photo of the tank (sorry it's a bit dark as the fish are almost in bed :)) Thanks!

IMG_3902.JPG
 
Whenever I add a new fish to my tank I cover it with a blkt with the lights off for 12-24hrs. Then in the morning when the lights come on there's never been an issue. I would separate the clowns as you said for a day or 2 & see what happens.
 
I never add just one fish when I add fish to my tank. It's always two or three to spread out any aggression that may develop. Clowns can be jerks once established, so I also add fish bigger than them, lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new