Aggressive cat

JayA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have problems with their cat leaving their tank alone? I would like to get a tank in my office at work, but I also have a cat there. She is a crafty cat and I wonder if I can keep a tank in there with her. Anyone have experience with this, and/or cat-proofing the tank set-up. I'm thinking a nano or pico tank there.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my cats have gotten bored with my tanks pretty quickly but one I had always would watch my tanks and try to get in them. If your office mate is as determined you'll want a cover that fits very well and can't easily be pulled off. SOmething to protect cords from being chewed on might be an idea also. I'd also make sure the tank with water is heavy enough she couldn't push or nock it over.

OP
OP
JayA

JayA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my cats have gotten bored with my tanks pretty quickly but one I had always would watch my tanks and try to get in them. If your office mate is as determined you'll want a cover that fits very well and can't easily be pulled off. SOmething to protect cords from being chewed on might be an idea also. I'd also make sure the tank with water is heavy enough she couldn't push or nock it over.
Yes to all of these things. I have to hide everything from her. She chews my papers, and my money when she got my wallet one day. She is determined. These are all great tips! TY

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my cats loved to sit on the edge of the sofa and watch the tank. Then one day he decided for a closer look and jumped on top. Only to discover that it was open topped. After a very short swim he learned that aquariums are more of a spectator sport. He never tried it again, although I did put a DIY top on it shortly thereafter.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine didn’t like Saltwater, got it on its paws, and never stuck them in the tank again.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kill the cat.
2020111409583501--7580198546854293711-IMG_1952-L.jpg

We will be watching.
2019_11_14_0642-L.jpg

|Frank|

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Message_1618603881751.jpg

My cat loves the tank, he's also a lazy boy lol. I would definitely "cat proof" if you have a more adventurous cat.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking in...is the cat dead yet? BTW, I don't like cats.
I feel you.... cats hate me. I have been an interior designer for 28 years. I have been in countless homes. I have never been bitten by a dog. I don't know if cats just know I'm team dog or they just smell fear at this point but I have been bitten by two Bengals and lost count of how many have drawn blood swiping my ankles for sport. I don't wish them harm but no ... I do not believe you when you tell me that your cat is the nicest, sweetest thing ever and just wants to say hi. 6 feet back kitty cat ..... 6 feet back.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you.... cats hate me. I have been an interior designer for 28 years. I have been in countless homes. I have never been bitten by a dog. I don't know if cats just know I'm team dog or they just smell fear at this point but I have been bitten by two Bengals and lost count of how many have drawn blood swiping my ankles for sport. I don't wish them harm but no ... I do not believe you when you tell me that your cat is the nicest, sweetest thing ever and just wants to say hi. 6 feet back kitty cat ..... 6 feet back.
Is there a cat haters forum on the interwebs? Or should we just hijack this thread on R2R?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont keep cats but won’t basic operant conditioning from the 1970’s work? Meaning spank the cat and it’ll behave?

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No cats dont work like that . If a cat hits people unprovoked it's on the fault of the owners . Just like o they pee outside of the box , 97% of the time it's because of the owners . Lots of times people are rough with them and they just let you know ya you're not going to be doing that . Maybe that's why I like hockey and cats so much, you make me mad I just punch you lol. I've had 6 cats over the years and none have ever bitten anyone, maybe bat someone hands without claws if they were getting rough but that's it . However if you approach them like darla from finding Nemo then you might be in for it ..lol

Back