aggressive clownfish

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have 2 tomato clownfish 1 coral beauty 1 yellow tang 1 foxface 1 carberryi anthias and 1 squarespot anthias and 1 hippo tang they all got together with no aggression til saturday i added a BTA and the female clownfish immediately hosted in it, now whenever the rabbitfish comes anywhere near that side of the tank she tries to nip him and chase him away. she doesn't do this to any of the other fish just him. she attempted to bully the male tomato sunday but he did the little submisson dance or twitch and now she doesn't bother him. The rabbitfish has what i believe are little nip marks on his side nothing serious yet. will she stop this or will the rabbit fish just have to learn to stay away from that area where the anemone is so far today he hasn't gone much near that side

im also wondering why she doesnt do it to any of the other fish just the rabbit fish i guess maybe that cant be answered thanks for the advice

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tried to get a video of his sides sorry about my son acting silly yelling in the background hes home today just visited the dentist lol

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like normal clownfish behavior to me - they get very territorial when they find a new home. I assume the fish will learn to stay away... my clown fish nips at my hand hard when i get close to her home. so it's normal

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very protective of the new home, all will settle down

6F811552-2CF0-422F-BBD6-AF42AB5CA813.jpeg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just establishing it's new territory.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its settled down the rabbitfish has learned to stay clear of that area near the anemone im just curious why of all the fish she picks on the rabbitfish all the other fish go near that area maybe she has a bone to pick with him lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back