AI 16 HD

JenKensMom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up a new ProStar 60 rimless tank. It's a cube. Currently there is only water, sand and live rock in it. I have the AI 16 HD light on an arm about 8" above the water. My current settings are UV-119%, Violet-116%, Royal-79%, Blue-80%, Green-4%, Deep Red-4%, and Cool White-19%. It makes annoying disco ball like light on the bottom of the aquarium. I'm wondering what adjustment I can make to get rid of this.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up a new ProStar 60 rimless tank. It's a cube. Currently there is only water, sand and live rock in it. I have the AI 16 HD light on an arm about 8" above the water. My current settings are UV-119%, Violet-116%, Royal-79%, Blue-80%, Green-4%, Deep Red-4%, and Cool White-19%. It makes annoying disco ball like light on the bottom of the aquarium. I'm wondering what adjustment I can make to get rid of this.
You could potentially try a diffuser. It may decrease the light output but it may help with the disco effect. It is a name in the hobby and some people like it but some people don’t and I’m with you there :) I know more lights, from my experience helped. Or stronger lights.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%

Back