AI Blade presets for large mixed reef

Fasthandsslowmind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I’m running 4 57” AI blade lights on my new tank in a 3:1 grow:glow ratio. What settings / presets are people using with the blades? Do you run the same presets on the Glow as you do on the Grow?

My goal is SPS dominate, with some LPS in the lower parts of the tank. Looking for recommended presets that are geared to that application, and well suited to the Blades.

Thanks!!

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When you add them all to the same tank, it will lump them together. Like so:

31B7131E-2956-40C6-8F9E-583D19C50125.jpeg

This is 3 Blades over my 72*36*22 peninsula. I have 2 XHO actinic as well. I’m slowly ramping them up weekly.

At full 100% with the XHOs I get over 440 PAR on the top of my rocks and over about 250 on the sand

OP
OP
F

Fasthandsslowmind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually answer -some- of my questions by trial and error

When you add them to MyAI, yes, it lumps them all together. This is a little strange and not exactly desirable.

When you add them to Mobius, however, it lumps the Grows together, and the Glows together, allowing for adjustability between them and clarifying where the common channels are coming from. I much prefer this.

Additionally, Mobius provides presets based on the type (Glow or Grow) and one preset is built for a mixture of the two called "Grow with Glow"

Kinda cool. And just a few minutes with a PAR meter I borrowed from the LFS shows that these lights are most certainly powerful enough by themselves as a standalone light solution, not just supplemental. At 100%, Mine measured around 650 par at the top of the rock, around 200-270 at the bottom, with relatively even gradients and distribution. I think they'll work just fine.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back