Ai Blades Lets Talk About It!

Jonathan.Grego

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently Running 2 Ai Blade Grows With 1 Glow On My Prostar 90v2 Been running a modified Daxby Settings 15000k With Some White Did Par Reading Was Getting 520 Up Top 180 On Bottom Everything Is Doing Great Peeks Are All 100% With 40% White Im Noticing Im Not Seeing That Good Green Pop On My Torches If I Just Run 125% Blue With Little Royal The Green Comes Out Also Iv Noticed Little To Know Change From 50% UV and Violet To 100% Just Looking To See What Everyone Thinks And What Settings Everyone Else Is Using! Trying To Really See The Green On My Torches!

OP
OP
Jonathan.Grego

Jonathan.Grego

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We dont like the ones I have on my 75gal.
Super expensive, they don't work properly ether. We just have them on default settings.

But we also got them right when they came out so
Do you have issue were one half is more white? I had to swap one around now the colors are even I completely maxed out blue royal is at 10% uvs at 40% then 25% white it looks good ill have to re measure the par

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have issue were one half is more white? I had to swap one around now the colors are even I completely maxed out blue royal is at 10% uvs at 40% then 25% white it looks good ill have to re measure the par
Nope.
We haven't messed with the light on that tank. It looks pretty good for the corals not being very colorful. We didn't know anything about lights back then.

The issues we have is we struggle to connect the light... they will randomly go off or on and one stopped working.

If thet weren't so expensive I would be more fine with them.

They also get in the way on that tank alot... at least I'm not the one primarily maintaining it.

I think the bottom of the tank is at 250 par 180 in shadows and 500 at the top.

Pretty good coral growth though. It's not even a sps tank.

This was taken with a orange filterm

20231228_152859.jpg

OP
OP
Jonathan.Grego

Jonathan.Grego

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope.
We haven't messed with the light on that tank. It looks pretty good for the corals not being very colorful. We didn't know anything about lights back then.

The issues we have is we struggle to connect the light... they will randomly go off or on and one stopped working.

If thet weren't so expensive I would be more fine with them.

They also get in the way on that tank alot... at least I'm not the one primarily maintaining it.

I think the bottom of the tank is at 250 par 180 in shadows and 500 at the top.

Pretty good coral growth though. It's not even a sps tank.

This was taken with a orange filterm

20231228_152859.jpg
Looks Good! I have Mine Hanging Mounted 7 Inch Above water

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ran them for more than 8 months. They did awesome! They’ve fixed the color blending issue with a new LED layout. I never had connection issues with mine. I ran them on MyAI though and not Mobius. I now run 6 XR15 Radions and 1 Blade Glow on my tank. The Blade is on Mobius and I don’t like the interface nearly as much as MyAI.

Here are the settings I ran on them:

IMG_0911.jpeg

OP
OP
Jonathan.Grego

Jonathan.Grego

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran them for more than 8 months. They did awesome! They’ve fixed the color blending issue with a new LED layout. I never had connection issues with mine. I ran them on MyAI though and not Mobius. I now run 6 XR15 Radions and 1 Blade Glow on my tank. The Blade is on Mobius and I don’t like the interface nearly as much as MyAI.

Here are the settings I ran on them:

IMG_0911.jpeg
Awesome Yeah i just got mine a few weeks ago and my i have blending issue i just swapped one around !

KingSyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you guys running the blades the same length of the tank or the size down? Was thinking of adding one grow to my 2 hydra 32’s on my 47” inch tank. Don’t know if I should go 39” or the 48”.

OP
OP
Jonathan.Grego

Jonathan.Grego

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you guys running the blades the same length of the tank or the size down? Was thinking of adding one grow to my 2 hydra 32’s on my 47” inch tank. Don’t know if I should go 39” or the 48”.
Hey! so my tank is 36 inches long im using 30 inch lights!

cliff076

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. Switching from 48" ATI led t5 power module to 2x Ecotech Gen 6 XR30 Blue's plus 2x 48" AI Blade Glows. Kinda freaking out. So its good to hear some people are happy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back