AI glow/grow blades experiences

  • Thread starter Thread starter santeeeyyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

santeeeyyy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2023
Messages
765
Reaction score
459
Location
Queen creek
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s everyone’s experience on these guys? I got two glows and grow. Using their recommended set up at 60 percent. I had a par meter and readings were 75 which doesn’t make sense. But I moved from T5 to the blades. I wanted to know if anyone had some light schedules they’ve had better experiences on than the default.
 
What size Blade and what size tank? You should aim for roughly 0.75 watts per gallon for LPS/softies
 
Currently using one grow 21 inch on a 24x16x16 tank. Plenty of light and par. If maxed out, would grow sps. However, one blade is only good for about 12 inches of width (fronts back) for proper spread. Definitely need another one.

My only gripe is that the blade grow is heavily shifted toward the 400 to 500 nm for coral photosynthesis. This is great, but also doesn’t replicate actually sunlight. I understand the light that reaches most softies and lps that the other colors are filtered out with only blues and violets remaining. However, I wish they had the red and green for a full spectrum light like the ai prime. You can clearly see a difference when viewing an I blade grow vs a full spectrum led.

The spread is amazing. It’s almost like t5, but as noted above, need one for every 12 inches of wider. Especially if considering sps which need light on all sides for proper growth.

For presets, ai has some on their website. But I prefer a more white look and run all 3 channels at the same power, then just raise or lower the light or adjust the intensity to hit the par range
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new