AI hydra 32- can it be done cheaper?

ridgeburyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C1E12B82-DDF4-4D84-A3AF-D0824C9644E1.jpeg

I am looking at getting my first “big boy” light for my 90 gallon reef, currently using a fluval marine.

This is an expensive purchase and would like to know ways how any of you were able to make this purchase cheaper?
I’d like to use a “multi arm” system- rather not hang it from the ceiling. Are there known universal mounts that work with this you’ve used? Any coupons available?
As it stands this purchase will add up to more than I’ve spent to date on all other supplies and equipment/livestock total- bought the tank used, but tech I feel should be purchased new.

HELP A BROKE DUDE OUT

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only advice I can give is some places charge sales tax and some do not :)

vncvr1982

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately Aqua Illuminations is one of the company’s that use MAP pricing. They set the price of their product and don’t allow for any sales, discounts, coupons, etc.

OP
OP
ridgeburyreefer

ridgeburyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately Aqua Illuminations is one of the company’s that use MAP pricing. They set the price of their product and don’t allow for any sales, discounts, coupons, etc.
I noticed that! I wondered what map pricing was lol now I understand,

MikeIkerson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not a cheap hobby. There are cheaper alternatives to AI like black boxes. Not on par but should get the job done.

OP
OP
ridgeburyreefer

ridgeburyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not a cheap hobby. There are cheaper alternatives to AI like black boxes. Not on par but should get the job done.
Yeah for sure! I’ve looked into the black boxes, the lack of control through an app or programmer is a big turn off when they don’t get the par I want to see. I think the AI is a perfect fit for me, just wanted to see a cheaper rate. I fenangled some things and was able to figure out a way to purchase 2 32s w mounting bar and needed things for about 950 which is better than the starting of 1100$ haha

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back