AI Hydra 52 (non HD) Firmware Update Issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter kraken14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kraken14

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2018
Messages
102
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Hydra 52 that will not connect to the controller and complete a firmware update. My controller is able to find the light, but when it tries to connect, I get a message that a firmware update is required. The screen switches to updating light #1, and then it fails. I am currently left with a non-functional light. Has anyone dealt with this issue before, and if so how was it resolved?
 
I contacted AI previously and they just had me go perform a reset, which didn’t fix the issue
 
Does anyone have the firmware.bin files for the controller by chance? Maybe some of the older versions
 
Does the Hydra 52 require a controller? I thought they were all Wi-Fi I could be wrong I'm pretty sure I have a bunch of Bin files for the old style controller but I'm not at home right now
Can you post a picture of the controller you have?
 
@Dr. Reef The original AIs like I have in the 26s required their director.
 
I see @Amoo
I have some bin files for the director and also have bin files for controller on my computer I never delete any of those older firmware because you never know when you have to revert back because of bugs
I just want to verify he's got a director or controller before I send him the file.
 
I see
I have some bin files for the director and also have been files for controller on my computer I never delete any of those older firmware because you never know when you have to revert back because of bugs
I just want to verify he's got a director or controller before I send him the file.

Oh you're right, I'm dumb, I forgot they had that controller thingy for a while.
 
In fact they had 2 different versions of controllers
1. Oldest one with knob used with sol, Vega
2 touchpad one also had a rubber pad version of same
 
In fact they had 2 different versions of controllers

Yep I remember now. The funny thing is I never liked their regular controller, but have always liked the one for Kessil. Either way this is drawing away from the point of what the op has. Sorry again, I honestly had forgotten about that thing. I got it in, tried it and sent it back for a director myself.
 
This is the controller I use with my light.

HYD0011-2.jpg
 
I believe it is running 2.68. It is the only version that AI still has on their website.
 
If you could send it to me, I would really appreciate it.
 
PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you. I cannot attach a file here it doesn't allow me to.
 
Dr. Reef, can you email me the same file? I'm having an issue where I downloaded the new firmware and now my screen on my controller stays stuck on Firmware Update.
Email is [email protected].
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new