Ai hydra or vega color

robertbishop3

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
los osos ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
marine depot has the vega color for the same price as the hydra so i am not sure what light to get i like the color spectrum of the hydra but also like the higher par and the customizing option of the vega hmmm what light to get
 
They are both customizable. I like the Hydra, I have one, I like the light spread on these.
 
Had some questions about the diffrences about the two fixtures besides upgradable pucks and the amount of channels that can be controlled. I emailed ai and got the response to go with the hydra or hydra 52 as they are discontinuing the vega and concentrating on the hydra series.
 
Its really a good unit. I don't have a controller for mine, but like I stated above, I like the light spread of these, the optics are perfect, and create more shimmer than the Reef Breeders Value unit optics. I believe that the difference between 120 Hydras and the 90 degree that I have on the RB.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new