AI Hydra TwentySix with a 40 br?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WallEyes
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WallEyes

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2014
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Location
Madison, WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to start up a 40 breeder in the (hopefully not too distant) future, with mostly LPS and Zoa for the coral. I have a few sps frags growing now in my twenty gallon. I'm wondering if just one hydra 26 will be sufficient for a 40 breeder. I understand that the ends of the tank will have much lower PAR than directly under the light, so I figure why not put the SPS in the center and work outward as far as light dependency?

Thanks,
Rich
 
Ok I have the same question and nobody has seemed to answer it. I'm looking to set up another reef tank and would like to use my hydra26 on a 40breeder and am wondering if anyone has photos or experience using a single unit on this size tank?

Thanks!
 
it depends on how high you plan on running the light, but even around 12-14 inches off the water line you should still have some pretty impressive PAR. We run 4 over one of our 96x28x16 frag tanks and the lights are about 18 inches off the water and we get some great color still.
 
I had the 26 over my 40b about 12-14inch over the tank an had great growth and good light par it's not like your going to have corals packed around the sides of the tank
 
I have a hydra 52 over mine, it covers pretty great.... would rather have 2 26's though to spread a little more evenly...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new