Ai Nero 3 noisy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OptlmusCrime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just bought last week Ai Nero 3.
I'm from Romania and I think I have only bad luck with any kind of aquarium equipment.
I talk with my local distributor and he didn't hear anything strange. You can visit the videos below (you need to max your speaker volume), I'm crazy?

I'm very disappointed with this, I talk with their Support, they passed me on D-D London, D-D passed me away, "we can't help you", "talk with your local distributor".
I have one of the best pumps in the world, and I can't enjoy it.
Maybe this is my luck, but why Ai has support if they can't help customers from all over the world.

Patman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came really close to purchasing one, after reading some reviews and talking to a few owners I went with the Hydor Wavemaker and 2x Hydor Nano 240's for the same price. These little guys look amazing on paper but they seem to have a lot of issues they need to work out. Good luck hope they help you, it's an expensive piece of equipment.

OP
OP
O

OptlmusCrime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came really close to purchasing one, after reading some reviews and talking to a few owners I went with the Hydor Wavemaker and 2x Hydor Nano 240's for the same price. These little guys look amazing on paper but they seem to have a lot of issues they need to work out. Good luck hope they help you, it's an expensive piece of equipment.
Thanks a lot, man. You could hear how it's sound? Should make another video closer?

Patman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot, man. You could hear how it's sound? Should make another video closer?
I had to max out my sound on my headphones to hear it. All the ones I seen at the LFS were silent, if it's more noticeable than the return pump I'd be upset.

OP
OP
O

OptlmusCrime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, sorry cuz didn't update the topic, mine after 2 weeks of working, stop doing that sound. I think she has to grind a little. Now it's ok, but i was disappointed about this product in the first weeks.

Df1577

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two of these in my tank, got them shortly after they released last fall. The only time I've heard any sound from them was when some sand got kicked up and worked its way into them. I'd try taking it apart and cleaning it if you hear anything going forwards.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just bought last week Ai Nero 3.
I'm from Romania and I think I have only bad luck with any kind of aquarium equipment.
I talk with my local distributor and he didn't hear anything strange. You can visit the videos below (you need to max your speaker volume), I'm crazy?

I'm very disappointed with this, I talk with their Support, they passed me on D-D London, D-D passed me away, "we can't help you", "talk with your local distributor".
I have one of the best pumps in the world, and I can't enjoy it.
Maybe this is my luck, but why Ai has support if they can't help customers from all over the world.

I have the same problem with both of my power heads I just said screw it and use them. My last encounter with ai was brutal with there lights and will never buy another light or anything from them again .

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with both of my power heads I just said screw it and use them. My last encounter with ai was brutal with there lights and will never buy another light or anything from them again .
Same, I asked them about my brand new powerhead. Got a generic response to open and clean and soak...... a brand new pump

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same, I asked them about my brand new powerhead. Got a generic response to open and clean and soak...... a brand new pump
Yea they just kept pushing me off and you shouldn’t have to soak a new power head lol

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New one I just got is doing this and has failed to restart a few times showing error open short. My other nero3 is perfectly fine

Kemz91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently having the same issue, has already been back to ai distributor in my country they confirmed it was noisy and replaced the motor. When I got it back and re installed In my tank I'm still having the same noise issue. Has anyone had any luck with this noise problem?

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently having the same issue, has already been back to ai distributor in my country they confirmed it was noisy and replaced the motor. When I got it back and re installed In my tank I'm still having the same noise issue. Has anyone had any luck with this noise problem?
Mine quieted down a lot after a week but I’m still exchanging it as I’m worried about premature wear. Just waiting on brs to get replacement stock in.

Ocndyver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two new pumps, and installed over the weekend. one is absolutely quiet, and one has a ticking sound, Called AI customer service and they told me it needs to break in and to run it at 1% for a week then ramp up power to my schedule and to call them back if problem doesn't resolve itself. We will see

Kemz91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two new pumps, and installed over the weekend. one is absolutely quiet, and one has a ticking sound, Called AI customer service and they told me it needs to break in and to run it at 1% for a week then ramp up power to my schedule and to call them back if problem doesn't resolve itself. We will see
I am being sent another motor after already having it replaced. I personally think that the impeller may be off balance causing the vibrating/ticking noise. Have a look at these videos I took. Maybe you can compare the 2 you have as 1 is silent and other isn't and see if you notice the impeller being wobbly/ off balance and let us no. Cheers

Attachments

• 20211117_143628.mp4
    12.5 MB
  • 20211117_143314.mp4
    22.4 MB

Ocndyver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am being sent another motor after already having it replaced. I personally think that the impeller may be off balance causing the vibrating/ticking noise. Have a look at these videos I took. Maybe you can compare the 2 you have as 1 is silent and other isn't and see if you notice the impeller being wobbly/ off balance and let us no. Cheers
Yes, I believe the one I have is also off balanced, I'm just going to follow their recommendation and call them back in a week, my tank is cycling at the moment

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back