AI Nero 5 fell apart

Reef By Steele

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2023
Messages
15,954
Reaction score
3,306
Location
Kearney
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So I soaked my Nero 5s in a H2O2 and RODI bath and when I pulled one out to scrub it came apart. The back of the motor housing came off where it attaches the magnet.
Looks rusty. Is this safe to super glue and continue to use?

Thanks

IMG_7026.jpeg
 
So I soaked my Nero 5s in a H2O2 and RODI bath and when I pulled one out to scrub it came apart. The back of the motor housing came off where it attaches the magnet.
Looks rusty. Is this safe to super glue and continue to use?

Thanks

IMG_7026.jpeg

Happened to one of mine too.

I just glued it back together with some 24 hour epoxy that encapsulated the magnet.
Been running that way for 9 months with nothing nasty on the ICP last month.
 
Thanks. I have a spare so
Putting it
In and will repair this one.
 
Here is another one
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3850.jpeg
    IMG_3850.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 155
2-3 years.
Okay, mine failed faster than that after about 12 months, but other 3 are fine.

The one that broke has been glued back together for about 15 months now with no problems.
I'm about to take it out for a clean tomorrow so I can show photos of the repaired unit if you like.
 
I've had two 3s and two 5s running for couple of years with no issues. But I can't remember the last time I cleaned them other than just brushing algae off while in the tank. I was planning on soaking them this week but after seeing these images I think I'll just leave them be.
 
I've had two 3s and two 5s running for couple of years with no issues. But I can't remember the last time I cleaned them other than just brushing algae off while in the tank. I was planning on soaking them this week but after seeing these images I think I'll just leave them be.
I’ve found that Nero’s are fine if only ever cleaned in Citric Acid. Even diluted Vinegar is a death sentence…
 
I have 2 Nero 3s after a number of months I have to do vinegar dips and scrubs. My only complaint with them is that they get gunked up fairly easily.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new