OP
OP
S

schooncw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your reply. I'll do a search and see what the buzz is. Never could figure out why a company would make a great, innovative product and just destroy it by using a cheap, crappy component. Reminds me of my Red Sea Skimmer many years ago, paired with the crappiest pump on the planet.

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my Nero Wednesday. It is quite powerful knocked some of my frags out of place.
Pros:
-Powerful
-Cheaper than MPs
-Can control with app
-Have some freedom pointing it to where you want it to

Cons:
-Seems cheaply made to me
-Hate the wire in the tank
-Afraid that overtime the wire will start to break just like the iphone charger
-Can’t control it from away needs bluetooth to connect to your phone

SDboatguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put the Octo pulse 4 in my 60 x 18 x 20 - in a word ...SANDSTORM !! Have it running at 40% to slow the storm. It’s smaller than the Sicce voyagers I have and quiet , but does have the cord in the tank.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never can go wrong with a pair of EcoTech Marine Vortec MP40QWDs for the SCA150.

Eco.jpeg

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read nothing but problems with the magnets hope they fix it

Similarly I've had nothing but problems with EcoTech pumps. Except it's them cracking and rusting, not the magnets :(

After trying every brand I could, I came to a simple determination -- Nothing beats Tunze. Best quality. Best warranty. Most reliability. Non-rusting magnets. STRONG magnets.

I would rather have a cord in a tank over another busted cheap vortech pump.

Gonebad395

Anemone hound
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similarly I've had nothing but problems with EcoTech pumps. Except it's them cracking and rusting, not the magnets :(

After trying every brand I could, I came to a simple determination -- Nothing beats Tunze. Best quality. Best warranty. Most reliability. Non-rusting magnets. STRONG magnets.

I hear ya here is my mp10 wetside never again

Gonebad395

Anemone hound
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right as I said never again that’s why I was stoked for the Nero but waiting on the weak magnet fix to at least try them

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right as I said never again that’s why I was stoked for the Nero but waiting on the weak magnet fix to at least try them

People say they are cheaply made.. I guess I can see that. The magnet is a problem for sure, they will fix that AI has usually been good with that. BUT, they move a TON of water in a very wide flow pattern. A guy in my club has a 120 gallon with 2 WAV pumps each at 4,000 gph, a sea swirl with 700 gph and his Nero outshines them all. I think he'd almost replace his WAV's with them soon.

Gonebad395

Anemone hound
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People say they are cheaply made.. I guess I can see that. The magnet is a problem for sure, they will fix that AI has usually been good with that. BUT, they move a TON of water in a very wide flow pattern. A guy in my club has a 120 gallon with 2 WAV pumps each at 4,000 gph, a sea swirl with 700 gph and his Nero outshines them all. I think he'd almost replace his WAV's with them soon.
Maybe with user feed back about cheaply made ai will look at better material and agree they will address the magnet for sure

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm sorry to hear the bad experience with your Vortech pumps even know they are no doubt one of the best powerheads on the market!! Anyhow, there is no doubt about TUNZE and how well and superior their quality is on there pumps but @EcoTechMarine w/ there Vortech line of pumps are also awesome built pumps. To be honest, I like the MP40's better b/c of how the pump is built vs your TUNZE pumps where you do have wires coming out of your tank.

I have owned both powerheads in the past and in my 25 yrs of experience either one you can't go wrong.

@Rakie - How many times did you clean your Ecotech Marine Vortech MP40's??

FYI, I will be also running my TUNZE Turbelle Nanostearms 6055 THAT Will be mounted to the back of my 150. Feel free to follow along with my new Tank Build thread below:
Vortech #MP40QWD & TUNZE Turbelle Nanostream 6055's
thumbnail (1).jpg

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back