Ai Prime 16 HD - 15 Gallon IM

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, I love the tanks! I see that your a stick head mainly. I can’t wait to get there myself. Also the last tank must be very mature to have that much coralline algae.
I started that tank 20 months ago. It was plumbed into my 120 now 80.
4 months ago and now.
20230202_111945.jpg
20230613_163055.jpg

Old 120
20211231_145043.jpg

OP
OP
Q

Quintz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 months ago and now.
20230202_111945.jpg
20230613_163055.jpg

Old 120
20211231_145043.jpg
Everything looks so good. I’m hoping to make a big jump and upgrade to something bigger already. The 15 gallon was just a start, but 100+ would be a dream. Hopefully innovative marine has a good sale this Black Friday. If so I’m definitely upgrading and I might hit you up for some Sps frags if your open to it.

OP
OP
Q

Quintz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 months ago and now.
20230202_111945.jpg
20230613_163055.jpg

Old 120
20211231_145043.jpg
Everything looks so good. I’m hoping to make a big jump and upgrade to something bigger already. The 15 gallon was just a start, but 100+ would be a dream. Hopefully innovative marine has a good sale this Black Friday. If so I’m definitely upgrading and I might hit you up for some Sps frags if your open to it

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at the im 150 ext right now.
The 48x36x20 dims are perfect for me.
Anyway never shipped coral but down the road maybe.
If you were local I would give you some stags. I need to thin them and most locals I trade with dont want stags. They end up being reproccessed through my carx.
I am now starting to growout some higher end corals so stay tuned.
I am also in 2 Battle Coral growout
Contests. Nubs grow so slow,lol.
Keep it simple and pm me anytime. I just retired and have lots of time to focus on my growouts but need to start another full reef system soon.

OP
OP
Q

Quintz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at the im 150 ext right now.
The 48x36x20 dims are perfect for me.
Anyway never shipped coral but down the road maybe.
If you were local I would give you some stags. I need to thin them and most locals I trade with dont want stags. They end up being reproccessed through my carx.
I am now starting to growout some higher end corals so stay tuned.
I am also in 2 Battle Coral growout
Contests. Nubs grow so slow,lol.
Keep it simple and pm me anytime. I just retired and have lots of time to focus on my growouts but need to start another full reef system soon.
That’s a hefty tank! I’m looking forward to what you do with it if you decide to go down that road. Also I’m in Tennessee and trust me if you were close I’d definitely take that offer. I’m also curious about Battle Coral Growout Competition. I’ve never heard of it, but from the details it seems like your growing sps from a little nub? If that’s the case I’ll definitely have to check it out to see what the competition is about. I’m pretty sure there’s more to it than my simple question. Also I’ll stay in touch and hopefully I’ll see that 150 up in the months to come. Other than that I’m going to keep my tank on easy mode. Simple and slow to practice my patience lol. Then eventually I’ll make a build thread to document my journey, but who knows when that might start.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 150 ext with the 36" width is ideal for what I want to do.
Battle corals growout. Everyone that enters gets a frag and the winner at the end of the year gets prizes.
Im doing the space laser and rainbows army growout.
Just search for both above and you can follow right here.

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know at what percentage you’re running at? Is the lines that goes across in increments of 10% ?
The lines are in 20% increments. To adjust the overall intensity use two fingers on the screen to raise or lower the "light spectrum lines" together. In other words once you are happy with the individual percentages of each of the available spectrums, use the two fingers method to increase or decrease them all together. Most people are only running these lights between 60% to 80% intensity, but vary the percentages of violets, blues, red, green, and white.

reefchi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lines are in 20% increments. To adjust the overall intensity use two fingers on the screen to raise or lower the "light spectrum lines" together. In other words once you are happy with the individual percentages of each of the available spectrums, use the two fingers method to increase or decrease them all together. Most people are only running these lights between 60% to 80% intensity, but vary the percentages of violets, blues, red, green, and white.
Is 60-80% okay for a small 10-15g tank that has the light hanging 8in from the water? I thought something between 20-40% was ideal without melting corals.

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is 60-80% okay for a small 10-15g tank that has the light hanging 8in from the water? I thought something between 20-40% was ideal without melting corals.
My lights have diffusers and are 9 inches up. I am about 60% for three hours then they drop. I get close to 175par on the tops of my scape at high noon. Coral types and needs, water clarity, surface agitation and even water chemistry play a role in how much or how little intensity is safe. Starting low and gradually increasing is the way to go. Your goals should also be considered here. Max growth of acros vs making your lps pop with color are different things. And remember all systems are different. The spectrum some folks run....that works for them....may either fry my corals or cause a unwanted algae to grow. Find what works for your system and what pleases your eye based on proven lighting recommendations, then slightly tweek. Some corals are found in the shallows, exposed to the air during spring low tides while others live off the reef edge in 60ft, 90ft or even deeper water.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back