Ai Prime 16 HD.

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi any one have some good settings for mixed reef for AI PRIME 16 HD I using waterbox marine 70.3 thank you .

Kdub Koral Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mine. Only use it on my Nano reef Fluval 13.5, but 100% All Blues and UV's, 25% Cool White and 10% Green. 5 hrs p day on those settings. 1 hour ramp up and down with just blues on either side. I don't run Red's to keep algae down I have friends that go as high as 50% White's but I don't have any SPS

cromburger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out the signature settings on the website. at the very least it will give you a starting point. I just set one up on my 40 mixed ish reef tank. i wrote a crazy program and will be testing it out. anyhow those signature presets have some innovative ideas that i hadn't thought of that i am incorporating. Good luck and be sure to stick with what you decide and be patient.( unless they lose color and bleach, then change asap)

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the David Saxby schedule for the last month. So far my corals seem to be responding well. No sps... lps and softies.
mode63.jpg

OP
OP
blesk

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was able to load the Waterbox AI preset from Blueprint both David or any other from AI site I con't load on me phone to the app they don't open .

jkap

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I downloaded the preset files from the website. The first couple tries it didn't work. I realized the app has to be open and running in the background for my phone to recognize the file type and open it in the app. I found a guy with a youtube video showing his schedule and his file was in the description. It was fairly complex but he went through and explained his reasoning. I made some time adjustments to his and adjusted the levels for my tank size. I'm still setting the tank up but I will probably start with that schedule and go from there.

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried a couple of the signature settings from the web site. I didn't like a lot of the white coloration in my tank with some the settings. Like the Karen for example ran too white and too intense during the day. Ive revised it for my tank. My anemone isn't very happy about the light right now. Im not sure if hes starting to bleach but his color def is different from both the look of the light and possibly loosing color from all of the changes. I was using a pixie30 and my tank was very very happy with it but the adapter burned out and I upgraded to this light since I needed one asap but it seems to have done worse than good, I can't figure out a stable light situation. Any help with the actual numbers that you input would be great. I have softies with an anemone and a couple of clowns.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried a couple of the signature settings from the web site. I didn't like a lot of the white coloration in my tank with some the settings. Like the Karen for example ran too white and too intense during the day. Ive revised it for my tank. My anemone isn't very happy about the light right now. Im not sure if hes starting to bleach but his color def is different from both the look of the light and possibly loosing color from all of the changes. I was using a pixie30 and my tank was very very happy with it but the adapter burned out and I upgraded to this light since I needed one asap but it seems to have done worse than good, I can't figure out a stable light situation. Any help with the actual numbers that you input would be great. I have softies with an anemone and a couple of clowns.

When ur on the AI app, hit the "easy setup." There u can set the intensity for each color, time running, and ramp up x. Bring the whites down to about 20%; zero out the reds and greens; blue, royal blue, and violet 50%. Give your corals some time to acclimate to the new l.e.d. And then ramp up the colors slowly over a few weeks or month. I'm no expert, but this is what i did and my corals are thriving. I ended up running the David Saxby schedule and my corals are still going stronger than ever. GL

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back