AI Prime 16 & Migraines

VanIsleReefTherapy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2022
Messages
81
Reaction score
93
Location
Victoria, BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm feeling pretty stupid at the moment. I do everything I can to avoid strong lights in my therapy office, no flourescents, not even my dimmable LED recessed cans. I even have a Webcam that works with low light so I can get away with no artifical lights on cloudy days and early evenings.

Somehow, it never occurred to me that setting up a Reef tank two feet away from where I am sitting, which my clients will also be looking toward, might be a problem.

It's triggering Migraines for me, even in my peripheral vision. I would like to know how much investing in a diffuser is likely to help or if I should try a different kind of light. The disco effect, plus the bright blue light is just killing me!
 
So, I'm feeling pretty stupid at the moment. I do everything I can to avoid strong lights in my therapy office, no flourescents, not even my dimmable LED recessed cans. I even have a Webcam that works with low light so I can get away with no artifical lights on cloudy days and early evenings.

Somehow, it never occurred to me that setting up a Reef tank two feet away from where I am sitting, which my clients will also be looking toward, might be a problem.

It's triggering Migraines for me, even in my peripheral vision. I would like to know how much investing in a diffuser is likely to help or if I should try a different kind of light. The disco effect, plus the bright blue light is just killing me!
my ai prime diffuser did help in reducing light spillage and eliminated the disco ball effect.
 
I bought the diffusers and it dropped the light spillage a good bit and made it just easier to look at in general. I sit at my desk nearly all day and my tank is right next to it, about 2 feet or so. Here are some old pics of my before adding them and after. Angle is different but it's the same light schedule. It doesn't completely eliminate spillage but it does help contain it.
received_1264304110766762.jpeg
received_290915136388258.jpeg
 
I bought the diffusers and it dropped the light spillage a good bit and made it just easier to look at in general. I sit at my desk nearly all day and my tank is right next to it, about 2 feet or so. Here are some old pics of my before adding them and after. Angle is different but it's the same light schedule. It doesn't completely eliminate spillage but it does help contain it.
received_1264304110766762.jpeg
received_290915136388258.jpeg
That is a world of difference! Thank you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new