AI Prime HD and rust

Blue Ring Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2016
Messages
3,720
Reaction score
1,567
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a AI Prime HD and I noticed rust at the base of the light bracket.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/prime-flex-arm-12-inch-aqua-illumination.html
20250914_120723.jpg
 
So is this a big problem or just put it on the monthly cleaning schedule.
The rust was a lot worse this is after I cleaned it.
 
So is this a big problem or just put it on the monthly cleaning schedule.
The rust was a lot worse this is after I cleaned it.
Just clean it up. Mine rusted and I just made sure it did not go into the tank. Poor design as the metal is exposed.
 
Just clean it up. Mine rusted and I just made sure it did not go into the tank. Poor design as the metal is exposed.
what did you use to clean , just water
 
Quote. You can also turn the block around so the rust is outside the tank.
Look at the ai pic

Bury head in shame D'oh
 
I have been having high tin levels for months, unable to find the source. Running Rowaphos, Cuprisorb and Poly-filter pads (not ideal I know) and water changes with no difference.
Until I noticed all the rust around the Prime Flex Arm mount. 😡😡😡😡
Turning the bracket around will not fit my tank, so I cleaned it up and sealed it with aquarium sealant. 🤞🤞🤞🤞 It will work!
Time will tell.
 
I have been having high tin levels for months, unable to find the source. Running Rowaphos, Cuprisorb and Poly-filter pads (not ideal I know) and water changes with no difference.
Until I noticed all the rust around the Prime Flex Arm mount. 😡😡😡😡
Turning the bracket around will not fit my tank, so I cleaned it up and sealed it with aquarium sealant. 🤞🤞🤞🤞 It will work!
Time will tell.
Some are saying that the flexible tubing is a source of the tin,
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new