• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

AI Prime HD Light shade

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By popular demand I am now offering the same style light shade I have previously sold here on R2R for the AI Prime HD fixtures. This light shade slides over the top of your AI Prime and keeps the light directed into the tank and out of your eyes. This is designed to have no significant affect on the tank's lighting but rather improve the overall aesthetic experience with the aquarium. A wave of hexagonal holes provide ventilation and allow the prime to function normally with excellent air circulation.

This is a limited run, I try to keep prices fair and the products delivered to be of impeccible quality. Please read my previous thread for user reviews of my other products!

This is a 3d printed product designed in Fusion 360. Guaranteed to fit or your money back! If you have any special requests or modifications you would like PM me your requests!

Price:
  • $24.99 Shipped via priority mail in the US!
3D Print information:
  • Printed at 0.15mm layer height
  • Print time: 11 hours
  • Print material: Hatchbox Black PLA
Shipping information:
  • Shipped via USPS Priority mail 2-3 day delivery, with tracking number and insurance.
  • PM me for international shipping quotes.

received_634321993696469.jpeg
collage.jpg

v2_render.png

If you have your own printer and just want to print your own you can download a copy of the STL here.
If you do print it out I would love if you could post a photo of it here!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you make white ones?
Sure! Anyone interested in white can request it via PM after they order their shade. They will be the same price and use the same brand and quality of plastic, just in the pure white color.

If anyone is after any other specialty colors those can be done too though you there may an additional charge if I have to order the color in.

I've got one in white started now, it should be available for shipping July 5th if it passes Quality Control.

white_printing.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One white available and second on the printer in case anyone needs a pair. I will provide some detail photos of the white later this evening.
whiteprinting.jpg

AJQ69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, buy with confidence, I got mine in less than 48 hours after payment, the fitting is perfect, looks like OEM and does the job
4f3ad4e733c94afc9935c0c0aab4674f.jpg

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10/10
Got mine today! These are really excellent no doubt one of the better purchases for my reef.

prime covers 2.jpg
prime covers 1.jpg

OP
OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea if/how these would work with the hanging kit versus the flex arm mount?
Hey Rob, do you have a photo of the hanging kit used? I am currently using a modified version of the cover for the 26HD with an extra cut out off for the hanging kit bar that sticks out of the side. I can provide a similar solution for the Prime if I know what allowances need to be made. It would be the same price as the regular fixtures at $24.99 shipped.

Perched Urchin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1564610720384.png

I think the balance with the shade would be the challenge, maybe?
And actually, I will be using 2 and had been contemplating designing a "bridge" between the 2 so they don't hang completely independently from one another.
Now thinking about that, trying to do that would probably make the shade design pretty tricky.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shades are symmetric so there shouldn't be any balance issues. The existing opening on the backside should work fine with that style hanging kit.

I think it would pretty easy to make an attachment point of some kind, either mechanical fit like a dove tail or a screw mounting point, for the "bridge" between two of them. I would just need to know the how wide the gap between the two lights is for the bridge.

NTKOReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do these actually attach to the prime? Also would the one for the hydra 26hd also fit the original hydra 26 (non hd)?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back