• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

AI Prime HD Light shade

OP
OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do these actually attach to the prime? Also would the one for the hydra 26hd also fit the original hydra 26 (non hd)?
The shades have a lip on the top edge that keeps them from moving around. They are more "resting" on the light than I would say they are attached. They long shade housing has a tight tolerance between itself and the light so they can't rock around or fall off easily. To remove you must slide them back up and then off the light.

The hydra shade fits both versions of the hydra as they have the same housing dimensions.

OP
OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very interested in these. Will likely purchase when I have my tank setup. I will need two in black!
I currently have two on hand, I am trying to keep an inventory of all the shades for quick shipping so there should be some when you're ready!

ua hua

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best $25 on spent on my reef tank yet. Now I don’t have bright lights shining in my face when sitting on my couch. Don’t hesitate to buy. Great product and a fair price.

5193673A-0ECC-4484-BAD5-8E95DEE6B73E.jpeg

OP
OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best $25 on spent on my reef tank yet. Now I don’t have bright lights shining in my face when sitting on my couch. Don’t hesitate to buy. Great product and a fair price.
Thanks @ua hua! It was a pleasure doing with business with you!

There are currently two Prime shades available!

OP
OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any provision to add a diffuser if desired? Such as a few tabs to hold a diy insert?
Not by default, but there are a lot of options to getting one to work. Just let me know what you're thinking for it and I can customize the model for your needs.

WILLIEOWILL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shades are symmetric so there shouldn't be any balance issues. The existing opening on the backside should work fine with that style hanging kit.

I think it would pretty easy to make an attachment point of some kind, either mechanical fit like a dove tail or a screw mounting point, for the "bridge" between two of them. I would just need to know the how wide the gap between the two lights is for the bridge.
I'd like to order one now. How can i?

OP
OP
ludnix

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Private messages replied to, there are two available for immediate shipping, I try to keep a pair on hand for anyone who needs a set so I will have more available after this set ships.

Justin Thibodeaux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By popular demand I am now offering the same style light shade I have previously sold here on R2R for the AI Prime HD fixtures. This light shade slides over the top of your AI Prime and keeps the light directed into the tank and out of your eyes. This is designed to have no significant affect on the tank's lighting but rather improve the overall aesthetic experience with the aquarium. A wave of hexagonal holes provide ventilation and allow the prime to function normally with excellent air circulation.

This is a limited run, I try to keep prices fair and the products delivered to be of impeccible quality. Please read my previous thread for user reviews of my other products!

This is a 3d printed product designed in Fusion 360. Guaranteed to fit or your money back! If you have any special requests or modifications you would like PM me your requests!

Price:
  • $24.99 Shipped via priority mail in the US!
3D Print information:
  • Printed at 0.15mm layer height
  • Print time: 11 hours
  • Print material: Hatchbox Black PLA
Shipping information:
  • Shipped via USPS Priority mail 2-3 day delivery, with tracking number and insurance.
  • PM me for international shipping quotes.

received_634321993696469.jpeg
collage.jpg

v2_render.png

If you have your own printer and just want to print your own you can download a copy of the STL here.
If you do print it out I would love if you could post a photo of it here!
This is great!! I will be printing one for my office nano. I'll be sure to upload a pic when I do.

Alexthefeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By popular demand I am now offering the same style light shade I have previously sold here on R2R for the AI Prime HD fixtures. This light shade slides over the top of your AI Prime and keeps the light directed into the tank and out of your eyes. This is designed to have no significant affect on the tank's lighting but rather improve the overall aesthetic experience with the aquarium. A wave of hexagonal holes provide ventilation and allow the prime to function normally with excellent air circulation.

This is a limited run, I try to keep prices fair and the products delivered to be of impeccible quality. Please read my previous thread for user reviews of my other products!

This is a 3d printed product designed in Fusion 360. Guaranteed to fit or your money back! If you have any special requests or modifications you would like PM me your requests!

Price:
  • $24.99 Shipped via priority mail in the US!
3D Print information:
  • Printed at 0.15mm layer height
  • Print time: 11 hours
  • Print material: Hatchbox Black PLA
Shipping information:
  • Shipped via USPS Priority mail 2-3 day delivery, with tracking number and insurance.
  • PM me for international shipping quotes.

received_634321993696469.jpeg
collage.jpg

v2_render.png

If you have your own printer and just want to print your own you can download a copy of the STL here.
If you do print it out I would love if you could post a photo of it here!
Hey there brotha! I'd love two of these in white, can you ship them to Canada? Let me know and happy new years:)

chemisfun11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Alexthefeesh @Chlorinated

I don't believe the OP has been active on this forum for a while now. If you'd like this printed for you feel free to reach out to me. You can contact me faster at my email [email protected] or [email protected]

I've been 3D printing mostly Radion and Neptune Sky light spill shades for the community recently, but I can print practically any 3D printed .stl file and I have the AI prime file pictured in this thread.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a shade for the AI prime. Old photo I didn't trim the 3 screws. Fits snug but I put the screws in just to make sure it stays secure.
40mm long shade in the photo. I also have a 60mm or can print whatever length needed.
AIPrime2.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back