AI Prime HD on a 14 gallon biocube

classklown90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this be okay for a 14g Biocube? I currently have sps, zoas and a few lps and they are doing great. I have a Steve's led retrofitted in the hood that is only blue white at 44w but the light is 3 or 4 years old and sometimes has a slight flicker with the blues. The Ai Prime HD appears to be 55w and has a full spectrum including UV but I was hoping to hear or see some examples of it growing sps.

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have one over my Fluval Evo 13.5 and it's working awesome. Maybe 10-11inches above water level
b8a518df27bdc7003e8a267d04c15fb6.jpg

OP
OP
classklown90

classklown90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get it used on here if possible. I found a local reefer who gave me it for $140 with hanging kit. It was 3 months used with 6months sitting on a shelf
I'm getting mine new only because I need it asap, the blue channel on my current lie how in and out but I appreciate the info. That's one heck of a deal you got lol. I'm also buying a mp10qd for the tank so I figure I'll just get it all at once

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that the light you Have? Had no idea haha, how do you have it set? The features and price seem to good to resist

Yeah man lol I have someone else's setting from R2R set up for SPS and so far it's been working well. I tweaked a thing or 2 so far bc I wanted more white but other than that it's great. That milli is happy as helllllll right now haha

OP
OP
classklown90

classklown90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah man lol I have someone else's setting from R2R set up for SPS and so far it's been working well. I tweaked a thing or 2 so far bc I wanted more white but other than that it's great. That milli is happy as helllllll right now haha
Dude pm me or text me the settings if you can lol. That's awesome lol, how's the validia doinf? Also how deep is your tank and how high off the top is the light?

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could u message me the settings too. Once I get mine I want to start with a baseline

I'll try and send it to ya but this one is a little hard to tinker with.. it's so complex, like it had to have taken this guy a few hours to do this one lol

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have an iPhone this is easiest. Download the OneDrive app. Download the light schedule [emoji652]️
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akco_cmvvLNrgZhvhMItJgGOhOTNVg
Then when you're in the app and have the file opened, click on the share button and if you already have the "MyAI" app downloaded, there should be a button saying "copy to MyAI"
After that go into the AI app, go to the "control" button and then click on the [emoji294]️, then hit "select preset" and it should be there

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have an iPhone this is easiest. Download the OneDrive app. Download the light schedule [emoji652]️
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akco_cmvvLNrgZhvhMItJgGOhOTNVg
Then when you're in the app and have the file opened, click on the share button and if you already have the "MyAI" app downloaded, there should be a button saying "copy to MyAI"
After that go into the AI app, go to the "control" button and then click on the [emoji294]️, then hit "select preset" and it should be there

Thanks I’ll use that

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one on my IM10 that works well. I have a single SPS that's been growing since I put it in there. Everything else has been growing very fast. The color it puts out is really pretty.

greenhorn reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have one over my Fluval Evo 13.5 and it's working awesome. Maybe 10-11inches above water level
b8a518df27bdc7003e8a267d04c15fb6.jpg

What do you intend to grow in there? I had a Fluval for a coral qt and it did so well that I turned it into a nano. I thought the stock leds were amazing, I had significant growth on all my Softies and lps coral and even a little bit of growth on plating and encrusting coral. I also had sps in there for several weeks (elevated of course l) and they looked well. Now it has mostly lps and softies. How do you like the skimmer? It works but I find it to be way too loud. I am also getting salt creep around it.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 59 40.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 34 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 4.8%

Back