• Ai hydra26hd

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2ft tank which i want to upgrade the lighting for. Im stuck between the prime hd and the hydra26 hd. Tank is 2ft long 12 inches wide and 16 inch tall. Its. 25g all in one. Corals inside are lps and softies but may get some sps in the future. Lfs owner told me t take the prime and not the hydra as its too overkill. One of his show tanks is 30g and utilises a hydra26hd and he says he can only run it at 70% max cause its too strong. So if anyone can help me decide which to take??

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest the Hydra HD for two reasons. One the light is a stronger light and one can always dial it back, and two if you go larger in tank size you will only have to add light instead of all new lights;)

I have had my Hydra's for two years and really saw the growth take off when I replace my old lights:)

OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest the Hydra HD for two reasons. One the light is a stronger light and one can always dial it back, and two if you go larger in tank size you will only have to add light instead of all new lights;)

I have had my Hydra's for two years and really saw the growth take off when I replace my old lights:)
I wanted the hydra from the start but then i saw the price difference. I dont live in the US so the hydra here cost 1850 bucks which is around 400usd and the prime is 1100 bucks which is 300usd. I found someone that would give me a discount for the hydras so id get it for 1570 bucks so its a good deal i guess. May have to jump on it. But at the same time the prime so so mich cheaper lol

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either is fine based on your budget. Even with the AI Prime HD you won't run it on full power with a 25 Gallon tank, it will bleach your corals.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted the hydra from the start but then i saw the price difference. I dont live in the US so the hydra here cost 1850 bucks which is around 400usd and the prime is 1100 bucks which is 300usd. I found someone that would give me a discount for the hydras so id get it for 1570 bucks so its a good deal i guess. May have to jump on it. But at the same time the prime so so mich cheaper lol
I would jump on that deal. That extra money will go a long way in the future if and when you go larger. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back