AI Prime HD over 125G

LouisianaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of setting up a 125G 6 foot mixed reef. I plan on running AI Primes over it mostly due to cost and the fact that I was had good success with them in the past. But I am debating whether three or four would be better. It is going to be a mixed reef but more likely leaning towards more LPS and softies. Maybe a few SPS higher up in the tank. I think three would be fine.

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of setting up a 125G 6 foot mixed reef. I plan on running AI Primes over it mostly due to cost and the fact that I was had good success with them in the past. But I am debating whether three or four would be better. It is going to be a mixed reef but more likely leaning towards more LPS and softies. Maybe a few SPS higher up in the tank. I think three would be fine.
In my personal opinion it can depend on what kind of shape your tank is whether peninsula or cube. Honestly I’d do four either way but if it’s a peninsula, 3 would be acceptable vs a cube where it might be rather crowded. Sorry for being somewhat neutral lol

OP
OP
LouisianaReef

LouisianaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my personal opinion it can depend on what kind of shape your tank is whether peninsula or cube. Honestly I’d do four either way but if it’s a peninsula, 3 would be acceptable vs a cube where it might be rather crowded. Sorry for being somewhat neutral lol
It is a standard 6 foot 125G

mexi757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 in my 6’ 125. Seems to be doing good. I’m doing mainly sps and softies. I had four when I first got them but couldn’t get them situated equally. Being the two cross braises that run every 2’.

mexi757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here’s a pic with hood on. If I find one without I’ll post it.

Attachments

• 1B1DFF72-ECC2-476A-ACA1-EDF5D69FB3DB.jpeg
    1B1DFF72-ECC2-476A-ACA1-EDF5D69FB3DB.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 55

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a standard 6 foot 125G
If it’s a 6 foot, then it’s more peninsula style than cube . I think 3 would be perfect. If by some chance you need a fourth then it’s easy to sync up later on but 3 should be okay. If you wanted to go super crazy, you could do 6, 2 paired up next to each other like 6 on a dice but yeah 3 should be good.

OP
OP
LouisianaReef

LouisianaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s a 6 foot, then it’s more peninsula style than cube . I think 3 would be perfect. If by some chance you need a fourth then it’s easy to sync up later on but 3 should be okay. If you wanted to go super crazy, you could do 6, 2 paired up next to each other like 6 on a dice but yeah 3 should be good.
Yeah I think 6 would be overkill unless I wanted to do a high-end SPS tank. I love some zoas and LPS. I'm sure a few SPS will slip in over time, but I think as long as they are under a light and higher up in the tank 3 lights will work fine.

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think 6 would be overkill unless I wanted to do a high-end SPS tank. I love some zoas and LPS. I'm sure a few SPS will slip in over time, but I think as long as they are under a light and higher up in the tank 3 lights will work fine.
I think LPS is the best in my opinion. I love the constant sway of a full on LPS tank and I think 3 lights will be perfectly fine for that; especially when you’re using such a great light. Good luck with it!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back