AI Prime HD vs 16HD

LouisianaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Prime HDs and need a third. I’m having trouble finding another regular HD but can find lots of 16HDs. I know the non 16 and 16 would have to be programmed separately but would a 16HD look weird paired with two regular HDs? I’m talking as far as color spectrum, etc

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I would do but it would drive me crazy if the color spectrum was way different
It would be least noticeable in the center, no? At some point if/when the other two lights go you'll have to replace them with an updated model anyway.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine you could set the different channels close enough to match the two HDs, at least close enough to where it would be imperceptible to your eye.

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 1 hydra 32 on the left side of a tank, one 64 in the middle, and two of the older 26s on the right. Just play with things a bit but they blend pretty well.

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took your approach and bought my 2nd round of Primes on eBay to intentionally get the 13 LED version of the HD. Both for price but also supposed better quality control. That, plus I agree, it would be a bit more work to deal with both Bluetooth and Wifi. The flip side is that you shouldn't have to make those adjustments very often, or at least you really shouldn't be. :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back