Ai prime HD

chris0412

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was pretty set on getting two Ai Primes to light my 20L but last night I was looking at some reviews and there were a few people complaining about how the lights gave out super quickly and also how it was almost impossible to pair them with their phones and wifi. Has anyone had any experience with these lights ?

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a single unit since March. No issues connecting on I phone at all and has been a solid performer. I would definitely purchase again. Hope that helps.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 3 HD primes for over a year and like them alot. The issues i had with connection, etc had to do more with my home router and wifi which had really nothing to do with the lights

408Dartfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 on my tank thru my phone. Little hiccup at first connecting but great since. Little hard to use phone app to program light settings for myself. Dustin

ReefinAin’tEasy...

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 on my tank thru my phone. Little hiccup at first connecting but great since. Little hard to use phone app to program light settings for myself. Dustin
So I was pretty set on getting two Ai Primes to light my 20L but last night I was looking at some reviews and there were a few people complaining about how the lights gave out super quickly and also how it was almost impossible to pair them with their phones and wifi. Has anyone had any experience with these lights ?
If your WiFi router is several rooms away you will most likely have connection issues as I did. However, I have since moved my router to the same room as my lights and it is spot on every time I open the AI app. No worries unless you can’t have them in close proximity

Mpierce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connecting to the lights have not been a issue for me either. Only time will tell when it comes to longevity. You will probably end up wanting two for a 20 long.... two a80 wouldn't be a bad choice either, but they aren't controllable out of the box.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back