Ai prime lense melted

Stephen Reed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
59111137-AF74-4168-A71D-FF5A00653A96.jpeg
I’ll start out by saying I really like this little light, the WiFi can be hit or miss but I don’t think it’s something you should be messing with daily. My ai prime is only 6 months old at the most. last night when I was feeding my tank I noticed in the reflection that 2 less were a lot crisper then the others so I turned the light off an removed it from the canopy, to find that the 2 purple/uv leds had melted the lense. It still fully functions an adjust the same as before idk if it was a faulty lense or what. I’m gonna see if I can contact customer service an see what they can do. Any one heard of this? I couldn’t find anything

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm first time I have seen something like this on an AI Prime. I currently have 8 of them with no issues for the past couple of years. I've heard that some people get a red flashing light (which basically means the unit is dead) and calling up the AI support and they were happy to send them a replacement. I'd definitely give them a call and see what they can do.

BTW I had that red flashing light thing on a couple of my primes, but I just unplug and plug back in and it has always worked for me. Haven't been getting that at all recently with the new firmware updates.

Whyteboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to bring up an old thread. But was this ever solved. Both of my ai primes have discoloration and appear to be melting

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.0%
Back