Ai prime lense melted

Stephen Reed

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2018
Messages
71
Reaction score
61
Location
Richmond
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
59111137-AF74-4168-A71D-FF5A00653A96.jpeg
I’ll start out by saying I really like this little light, the WiFi can be hit or miss but I don’t think it’s something you should be messing with daily. My ai prime is only 6 months old at the most. last night when I was feeding my tank I noticed in the reflection that 2 less were a lot crisper then the others so I turned the light off an removed it from the canopy, to find that the 2 purple/uv leds had melted the lense. It still fully functions an adjust the same as before idk if it was a faulty lense or what. I’m gonna see if I can contact customer service an see what they can do. Any one heard of this? I couldn’t find anything
 
Hm first time I have seen something like this on an AI Prime. I currently have 8 of them with no issues for the past couple of years. I've heard that some people get a red flashing light (which basically means the unit is dead) and calling up the AI support and they were happy to send them a replacement. I'd definitely give them a call and see what they can do.

BTW I had that red flashing light thing on a couple of my primes, but I just unplug and plug back in and it has always worked for me. Haven't been getting that at all recently with the new firmware updates.
 
Sorry to bring up an old thread. But was this ever solved. Both of my ai primes have discoloration and appear to be melting
 
Sorry to bring up an old thread. But was this ever solved. Both of my ai primes have discoloration and appear to be melting
They sent me a replacement lense an I haven’t had a problem since.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new