AI Prime not connecting

Salt Creep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added four AI Primes to my T5/LED hybrid yesterday and spent about 6 hours trying to get them to work. Two of them always connect, but one connects about half the time, another doesn't connect at all. The part it gets stuck at is when updating the firmware. The light is detected, but can never complete the installation. I am trying to make one parent with three children.

Has anyone come across this before when setting them up? Is there a workaround to get it to work? I feel like I have tried everything including trying to just connect that light as a solo light, using it as a parent, and using it as a child. Nothing is working. I have done multiple factory and network resets with no luck. The light will go on, but I cannot control it with the other three.

Another question... to get rolling cloud cover without the lightning do I need to get a director?

AIprime.jpg

OP
OP
Salt Creep

Salt Creep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for that :p

A little update. I was able to finally get past the firmware update. It took a few hours of trying. Now the same light is saying it is a child, but on the devices screen it has a red exclamation point where it says child. I set it to the schedule I have on my other AI prime over my biocube and 3 of the 4 lights followed the schedule, the other light (same one that wouldn't update) stayed on for 2 hours after lights out when I finally just cut the power and went to bed. It seems to be severely lagging on following the schedule, if at all. I can't be having this when I have livestock in the tank.

OP
OP
Salt Creep

Salt Creep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try disconnecting and starting over. Worked for me

I tried that multiple times... at least 30-40 and I'm not exaggerating. I contacted AI and they are sending me 2 lights to replace the 2 that aren't working. Hopefully these correct the issue.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I posted this after you just posted

The exclamation point is telling you your wireless connection is not working..happens to be a number of times which basically is telling you there is not a strong signal from your router. I love these lights but there are very temperamental. If you keep having issues call them up they do have great customer service

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 69 74.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back