AIO Reef Tanks: Which one gets your vote?

Have you ever owned an AIO Reef Tank?

• Yes I am running one now

Votes: 452 50.6%
  • YES in the past

Votes: 136 15.2%
  • NO

Votes: 188 21.1%
  • No but want to in the future

Votes: 109 12.2%
  • Other

Votes: 8 0.9%

• Total voters

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends. Larger tanks have larger chambers in the back. 35 gallon aio is completely different than a 100 gallon aio. I wouldn’t get an aio larger than 45 gallons. For 45 gallons and under, I recommend Jbj and innovative marine. If you want a nicer tank, reef savvy. If you want a larger tank with a sump, SCA, Waterbox, or reef savvy ;)
Oh boy. Reef savvy looks custom. Lol. $$$$$. Back to innov marine or waterbox. Thnx

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was running a 60 gallon cube with sump for 4 years. Glass seal blew out. Anyways . I saw the sca 50/60 gallon cube with sump. I am not looking to go back to a cube because they are too deep for me. (4 yrs) I like water box . Or IM. I have not looked into reef savvy? I'll Google it. Thnx
The reef savvy’s are completely custom. You send them your dimensions etc and what options you want. For me the quote of a 26x19x21 with a ghost overflow was around $2k for the tank. The water box are nice but you have to step up to a larger tank to get a tank that’s not a cube. cubes now adays are pretty shallow actually. I currently have a Jbj 45 and a waterbox 130.4. The waterbox is essentially the same thing as the Jbj but a bit wider. If you want a long tank and have room for a sump, go for it! I would rather have a sump than aio with a larger tank. If aio is a must, Jbj makes a 60g long aio tank.

tahoenano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved into an apartment and sold my 75 gallon setup complete with sump and equipment. Consolidated it all into a 14gal biocube. I absolutely love having a smaller tank now. Instead of upgrading to a larger tank I drilled the back of the return chamber and built a custom 10gal sump/fuge setup. Complete with dosing pump, ATO, skimmer, Heater and filter sock. My montis are thriving so I will be experimenting with acros soon. I may be alone in the fact that I think a sps dominated nano looks awesome!

0D525DB7-A63D-4D60-B90C-D2AF70712A35.jpeg

wonroc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends. Larger tanks have larger chambers in the back. 35 gallon aio is completely different than a 100 gallon aio. I wouldn’t get an aio larger than 45 gallons. For 45 gallons and under, I recommend Jbj and innovative marine. If you want a nicer tank, reef savvy. If you want a larger tank with a sump, SCA, Waterbox, or reef savvy ;)
why not bigger then 45? I was looking at I'M aio 60

gary henkel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
red sea e max 170. mostly pleased, but not a big fan of the sponge in the filtration area. going to modify that area.

gary

a4edwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen some amazing aio set ups growing sps. I’ve wondered do you really need a huge sump under the tank. But then I’ve noticed they had more of a frequent maintenance schedule.

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve seen some amazing aio set ups growing sps. I’ve wondered do you really need a huge sump under the tank. But then I’ve noticed they had more of a frequent maintenance schedule.
I have a 50gal Waterbox AIO. My sps are growing like weeds and I haven’t done a water change in over a year (besides random ones here and there to combat issues). I find stability is more important for sps than chasing “perfect” numbers

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a waterbox 20 set up for few years and it was perfect for what I used it for at the time . I did not like not having a sump so I made a overflow hang on the back and got a figi 15 g sump and it worked fine . After a couple years broke it down and sold it . Still have my 75 g set up and I’m content with that .

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM SR60 and before that IM 30l Nuvo. And first reef that repurposed as a Pea Puffer tank was a BioCube 16 gallon. Also recently started a FijiCube 22 gallon. So I guess yeah I like AIO. They also help with the situation where I have no room for a traditional sump.
IMG_7573.jpeg
IMG_7555.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back