AIO sump cover?

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Good day to all. I have been slowly prepping my aquarium upgrade and am determined to find something to cover the AIO sump box section. I had a DAS 60g with internal filtration, old school AIO (got the tank in '98) and I used old crusty filter socks to cover that area to prevent algae growth and light overflow. It also helped to get it quieter, so another plus. Now I have a IM SR-80 and I would like to find either someone who makes lids for this section or to see what the great collective is doing to cover that area. The tank is a central piece in my living room and i want it to look sleek! For those who don't look at AIO's, i get wanting a sump underneath, but it's just so easy now with these larger tanks. Love this tank, only regret is not getting the SR-120! lol

thanks everyone for your help, ideas. Photos welcome so I can see what you do!

CORAL MANIA Live Event!
OP
MRRBW

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
for reference, this is the area I'm looking to cover.
IMG_4741.JPG

doh_nutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I've been looking into to this as well. Something like the older Red Sea AIO tanks with the flip down/stand cover. I think it was Red Sea.

OP
MRRBW

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Not sure about your exact tank, but maybe this will help

something like that, but they don't have for the larger IM's. I may end up making one on my own, but something already done would be great cause my diy skills at times are less than desireable

Fritz

Are you currently housing your most favorite fish ever?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 96 35.4%
  • No

Votes: 169 62.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 2.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Ultimate Corals