AIO sump cover?

MRRBW

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2014
Messages
440
Reaction score
150
Location
Montreal, Qc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day to all. I have been slowly prepping my aquarium upgrade and am determined to find something to cover the AIO sump box section. I had a DAS 60g with internal filtration, old school AIO (got the tank in '98) and I used old crusty filter socks to cover that area to prevent algae growth and light overflow. It also helped to get it quieter, so another plus. Now I have a IM SR-80 and I would like to find either someone who makes lids for this section or to see what the great collective is doing to cover that area. The tank is a central piece in my living room and i want it to look sleek! For those who don't look at AIO's, i get wanting a sump underneath, but it's just so easy now with these larger tanks. Love this tank, only regret is not getting the SR-120! lol

thanks everyone for your help, ideas. Photos welcome so I can see what you do!
 
for reference, this is the area I'm looking to cover.
IMG_4741.JPG
 
I've been looking into to this as well. Something like the older Red Sea AIO tanks with the flip down/stand cover. I think it was Red Sea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new