AIO Tank Manifold??

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had anyone made a manifold for an All In One system?
I'm running a red sea max nano currently and am strongly considering attempting to add a manifold so I can run a chaeto reactor and a UV Steriliser in the cabinet.
Do you guys have any examples or ideas on how this could work??
And no upgrading is not an option right now ;Dead

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably go with another pump to feed the two devices and then have it return back into one of the AIO chambers. Another option would be HOB for 1 or both the devices you want to add. If using a single pump I would probably go to the UV then the algae reactor. If you implement a solution would be good to see some pics.

OP
OP
JoshO

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably go with another pump to feed the two devices and then have it return back into one of the AIO chambers. Another option would be HOB for 1 or both the devices you want to add. If using a single pump I would probably go to the UV then the algae reactor. If you implement a solution would be good to see some pics.
I'm using one pump as a normal return for my filtration and then going to run a secondary dry pump to supply the external items. Trying to work how to use this on a hard manifold

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using one pump as a normal return for my filtration and then going to run a secondary dry pump to supply the external items. Trying to work how to use this on a hard manifold
When you say dry pump, is this an external (i.e. not a submerged pump)? If so, I would try and find a self-priming pump, but I don't have one to recommend. Without self priming could be a pain. Could you put a second submerged pump in the current return chamber?

OP
OP
JoshO

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say dry pump, is this an external (i.e. not a submerged pump)? If so, I would try and find a self-priming pump, but I don't have one to recommend. Without self priming could be a pain. Could you put a second submerged pump in the current return chamber?
It's not self priming but once the system is wet it should stay primed, even with the pump isolated due to the location of shut offs

Hughesy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not self priming but once the system is wet it should stay primed, even with the pump isolated due to the location of shut offs
Did you implement this? How's it going? Thinking of doing the same thing on a new max nano and would love to learn from your experience. Many thanks

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back