Aiptasia control

Lb71

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2015
Messages
95
Reaction score
46
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some large aiptasia living on the bottom of my overflow. I can isolate the overflow from the aquarium. If I than remove the water from the overflow and pour in straight vinegar will that eradicate them? Or does anyone have a better day idea?
Larry
 
Yes that would eradicate them. I often find aiptasia in refugiums, overflows, sumps etc and they never move their way into the display. For your peace of mind just do what you’re thinking.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new