Aiptasia Eating Desjardini???

pauliepeppers

View Badges
Reaction score
Soooo... I was just looking in my tank and saw a single aptasia on a new frag and thought oh crap. Here we go again. And as I’m thinking this my desjardini come by and eats it. I was like oops dude, that’s not algae so I watched for him to spit it out. However he never did.

So of course my next course of action was to do some googling but I didn’t find anything. Has anyone else ever seen a desjardini eat aiptasia? Do you think it was a fluke and he grabbed by accident or do you think it could have been on purpose? He is fed well, nori twice a day and the tank gets autofeed pellets twice a day and frozen once per day. So it’s not like he’s starving.

First Choice
OP
P

pauliepeppers

View Badges
Reaction score
Soooo... I was just looking in my tank and saw a single aptasia on a new frag and thought oh crap. Here we go again. And as I’m thinking this my desjardini come by and eats it. I was like oops dude, that’s not algae so I watched for him to spit it out. However he never did.

So of course my next course of action was to do some googling but I didn’t find anything. Has anyone else ever seen a desjardini eat aiptasia? Do you think it was a fluke and he grabbed by accident or do you think it could have been on purpose? He is fed well, nori twice a day and the tank gets autofeed pellets twice a day and frozen once per day. So it’s not like he’s starving.
Well, mystery solved. He did not eat it, the tricky anemone retracted.

Do you utilize the weekends for tank tasks?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 256 62.6%
  • NO

Votes: 31 7.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 115 28.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 1.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
A Reef Creation