Aiptasia in tank 3 months in.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have aiptasia that iv been dealing with dosing F aitpasia but it's getting harder, on a 6 foot tank. Is there any other way here have corals dont want to risk getting peppermint for LPS. I ordered live rock when i started this tank from tampa bay in the fuge, and it seems they are filled with aiptasia. Does it make sense to add 2-3 berghia there? i have a big emerald male crab there would it eat it? and i have a red line wrasse in the display would that eat my berghia?

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have aiptasia that iv been dealing with dosing F aitpasia but it's getting harder, on a 6 foot tank. Is there any other way here have corals dont want to risk getting peppermint for LPS. I ordered live rock when i started this tank from tampa bay in the fuge, and it seems they are filled with aiptasia. Does it make sense to add 2-3 berghia there? i have a big emerald male crab there would it eat it? and i have a red line wrasse in the display would that eat my berghia?
The Wrasse probably will eat the bhergias, also probably a bit more than 3, and no. Emerald crabs won't eat it

Mortgaged Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had good luck with peppermint shrimp. I put 5 in my 65gal. They ate all mine in a matter of days. They are cheap and a great solution. I have heard some people say they didn’t work for them so I’m not sure if it’s a crapshoot or not but I can tell you they worked for me. Also, filefish will eat at Tasia. The problem is they are a pest that are going to exist in your tank.whatever you do to get rid of them, they will come back so it’s more of keeping a crew around to eat them as they pop up if they bother you. I have just learned to live with them and they don’t really bother anything.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back