Aiptasia Infestation

Apheoxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of tiny aiptasia popping up around my tank (presumably from the last exile of the big aiptasia). I have used aiptasia-x on the last aiptasia almost a year ago. Now, my family members have pointed out that you can see many of them around the tank with a magnifying glass, they’re very small!
My rock flower anenome has been acting very strange (but this can be from parameter swings).
These aiptasia are not large enough to kill off with aiptasia-x, as their mouth is nowhere big enough to eat the solution. I worry that that will all grow older and bigger and cause issues. How do I nip this in the bud so to speak? Thank you!

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The easiest is going to be some kind of predator. I have a peppermint shrimp I keep around for this exact reason. He usually resides in my spare 10 but I pop him into the display periodically when aips hitchhike in on new frags. Hell mow down a few hitchhikers within hours. But i dont trust him long term with my lps. Or you could go with some berghia nudibranchs.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 100 76.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back