Aiptasia on a frag

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I had a single aiptasia head on one of my frags that I hit with aiptasia killer (also took out two paly polyps with it). It seemingly died but a new clear head just popped up where the old one was. Should I just remove the frag at this point or is it too late and my tank has it now?

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would kill the aptasia out of the tank, scrub ,rinse and put back in
I tried this with boiling water and it turned a couple of Aips into hundreds covering almost every rock in my 180 Gal. I got an Aip eating file fish that ate all the aips and it was great....once he ran out of Aips to eat, he had almost all my coral. I got rid of the fish and the Aips started coming back in full force. Since most of my coral was gone, I just drained the tank and let everything dry out for a couple months before starting it back up from scratch. I've had a couple Aips in tanks before where they stayed contained. I don't know what causes them to go nuts but it's bad when they do.

Last edited:

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f aptasia forms more of substance that lasts a week an ensures they won't comeback. can kill frags though like the other stuff if it touches it.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 60 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.9%
Back