Aiptasia on Zoa piece.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scribe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Scribe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
342
Reaction score
7
Location
Plymouth Meeting, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two aphasia on a frag of Zoas. I've got some peppermint shrimp who currently seem to have no interest in the aptasia. Just wondering if I should place some kalk on the aphasia, but wondering how that will affect the Zoas. Any suggestions?
 
Yeah. I can definitely pull them out. Didn't know if pulling them off manually would work permanently or just temporarily. I will give it a shot. Thanksmformthe tips. Will update with results. Thanks again. Much appreciated.
 
Aiptasia X didn't work for me.

Yes, it killed the ones I used it on, however, the result was a sprouting of about 20 more babies like a week later.
 
Just pulled out the piece of zoos with two aptasias on it. Couldn't tell where they were once I pulled them out. Pulled what I thought might be them and glued them with the attached polyps to a different piece. Hopefully I can narrow it down at least. On the bright side, had another larger one on a Fabian frag. Got that one no problem. Just hoping I can see them again before they spread.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new