AIPTASIA

  • Thread starter Thread starter Freenow54
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My local PetCo sells Aiptasia for $35 as a hobbyist anemone (It is an anemone - i know - but still!). My friend works there, he says people buy it!
Not related to the OP's question. Just figured i'd share 🤣
That should be criminal 😂
 
Are you talking the chemical or fish ? another replied and was talking about a fish. I had no knowledge of that fish
No chemical can defeat Aptasia. They get into small crevices. Only the snout of the butterflies (group of fish) get those guys. Copperbands are just one of a few.

As for chemicals, F-Aptasia did work the best for me to keep numbers low. I like the encapsulation, Harding, and breaking off the entire piece. Good if you have only a few.

But I doubt one could get them all that way.
 
Well i am against chemicals and i Will never use it for a problem only natural solutions but thats my philosophy.

in your case since nothing has been done in 20 years i belive it has always been there but perhaps your feeding regime went up a bit which gave them the chance to take a better hold in your tank? Just the first thought that pop up in my head.

And copperband is a Fish and pepparmint is a type of shrimp 😊
Yes to all according to AI it lurks what's up with that lol . I knew about the shrimp but thanks. I saw the fish but don't see where it will help me
 
Yes to all according to AI it lurks what's up with that lol . I knew about the shrimp but thanks. I saw the fish but don't see where it will help me
Yeah they are resilient little buggers 😅 in my tank i have just learned to live with it in my overflow and having my copperband pick them off in my display tank whenever they spread there.

well the copperband Will help you in the sense that it will eat them and keep them under controle before they explode and become a huge problem
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new