Aiptasia?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bioree
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bioree

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2017
Messages
105
Reaction score
14
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helping a fellow reefer to identify this. Is this aiptasia or some type of anemone? Thanks.

IMG_3414.JPG
IMG_3415.JPG
 
Thanks. It doesn’t look like any rock Anenome I googled.

Is there a way to tell if it is a majano anemone? They are considered as pest and should get rid of it right?
 
Tentacles resemble a Phymanthus but I'm not sure
 
Definitely not Aptasia, color is off to be a Majano but I could be wrong, I've never had them in my tank. Before getting rid of it I'd let it grow out some more to see... could be some type of nem.
 
If possible, can you please post a photo under normal "white" light?

The fluorescence under blue light is useful but a white light photo might be useful as well.
 
Maybe google Ball Anemone.

Definitely not, Pseudocorynactis and Corynactis both have a raised mouth in the center of the oral disk. Their polyps also feature fluorescence on the oral disk and and occasionally on parts of the tentacle but never the entire tentacle itself
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new