Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
Will not beat you up here- it happens. My best suggestion is a Bluehead (not the all yellow) Kleini butterfly. Bluehead will mow every last one and quickly and not bother coral. Is also peaceful with tank mates and eat all dry and frozen foods offered, stays small and has nice color.

Bluehead:

1652994763799.png

You have aiptasia in your tank now? Or do you just like the fish?
I have seen a couple Aiptasia, but I’ve been cutting them out each time. Have to assume I have more under some arches etc. I just don’t want it to get out of hand. I think the fish is pretty tho and stays smaller than other angelfish….

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will not beat you up here- it happens. My best suggestion is a Bluehead (not the all yellow) Kleini butterfly. Bluehead will mow every last one and quickly and not bother coral. Is also peaceful with tank mates and eat all dry and frozen foods offered, stays small and has nice color.

Bluehead:

1652994763799.png

I could not recommend a Blue Head on a thread, they're not a reef safe fish

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ButteMTDIY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best advice I got about berghia was that it’s not the ones you put in the tank that do the job, it’s their offspring. When I had a huge outbreak I put a few in a 5 gallon tank with a couple small rocks that were full aptasia. After a couple weeks I noticed eggs. Started moving these rocks to display and new ones in. After about 2 months I put everything back into display and 2 months later I was aptasia free. Takes some time but was worth it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I could not recommend a Blue Head on a thread, they're not a reef safe fish

Having two tanks and one in each for over two, may even be three years- They bother Nothing. Every website will list certain fish as reef safe caution ( flame angel- another one who many find are model citizens but come with warning). As a former store owner, the reason many places add the reef safe caution is to relieve themselves of liability should a fish purchased turn on the coral

Last edited:

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bluehead:

1652994763799.png
Just curious to hear if you still have no more aiptasia since adding your blue headed Klein? Also has it stayed away from nipping any corals (LPS or SPS)? Finally where were you able to find one to buy? I have a 365G mixed reef tank that needs an aggressive solution after all the typical suggestions not working. So hoping to hear some good news here.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just curious to hear if you still have no more aiptasia since adding your blue headed Klein? Also has it stayed away from nipping any corals (LPS or SPS)? Finally where were you able to find one to buy? I have a 365G mixed reef tank that needs an aggressive solution after all the typical suggestions not working. So hoping to hear some good news here.
My LFS always has them and I cant remember the last time Ive seen aptasia. I bought out a tank in December and remember the guy said there may be 1 or 2 - If so Kleini likely got them so fast I never saw them

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS always has them and I cant remember the last time Ive seen aptasia. I bought out a tank in December and remember the guy said there may be 1 or 2 - If so Kleini likely got them so fast I never saw them
Thanks….and still today they haven’t gone after yor zoas or SPS corals?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks….and still today they haven’t gone after yor zoas or SPS corals?
The one in my main tank, ive had 3+ years.
Here are some of my colonies as you can see untouched. I had two others in two other tanks that were sold with the tanks. Realize every once in a while you will inherit a given fish that is phsyco and eat everything LOL

1676861891082.png
1676861908269.png
1676861923232.png
1676861940365.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back