AJ's 150G Mixed Reef v3.0

aalhait

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past 5 years or so, I have not had an active Reef. I've had a few tank crashes due to power outages and diseases.

I've managed to restart my 150G Reef again during COVID because you just have that kind of time now :) (Beats watching Netflix of TV)

I have 2 Main Tanks.

150G Fish Only Tank in the wall (Plexi) - (Not intended for this thread)
150G Mixed Reef Lemar Glass Tank (With Edges)

I did not take that many pictures of the restart. But I had to clean all Live Rock and run it with Fresh Water for a month before introducing Salt and Bacteria.

I have though managed to install all the new equipment which I purchased 4 years ago on a black-Friday-Neptune Sale and never installed it until now.
So now Running with Apex, EB832, WXM, FMM, and an AFS. I also have two DOS modules, 2 WAV Heads and 2 Vortech MP40s , and Finally a Unicorn "Trident".

I have 3 Light Modules, 2x Gen 4 Radion 15s and I recently added a Gen 5 Radion 15 (total 3 LED Modules on top) and I have one (2 Mini T5s on top as well)
Got a Seneye Monitor as well...

Sump has ClariSea SK-5000 for Filter, Vertix 180 Skimmer, AI Prime 16 Fuge Light, BRS Carbon/GFO Filter and a CO2 Scrubber (yet to install). I also Have a LiterMeterIII for water changes.

I will continue to add to this...

Current State: (5 Months after Restart) - I will post the progression in a follow up post.

IMG_0738.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG

OP
OP
A

aalhait

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my build thread. Not sure how to start one or tag one?

OP
OP
A

aalhait

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 months ago. (When everyone realized they will have to work remote for next few months) An idea was conceptualized.
Time to reset my tanks (Starting with my dead reef which has been running empty for over 2 years now)
This was the Aqua Scape I initially imagined and was shooting for:

IMG_8829 2.JPG

The problem is I thought I measured correctly.

I was hoping to get room in the back and sides for easy cleaning...

But as you all know, when you place rocks in the tank, there are many things that happen:
1. The hardest thing is even if you number the rocks and take multiple pictures on how they looked like, you can never end up with the same thing you started with
2. When you place the rocks in the tank, you will find that hmmm. Where was that pesky "return" when I first designed it!

So Version 1.0 of rock-scape looked like this:

IMG_8991.JPG

Sump looked like this:

IMG_8996.JPG

OP
OP
A

aalhait

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Chalice Garden:

I love Convict Chalice I have 3. Middle is a Golden Nugget, a Mummy Eye on the right and Bazooka Joe on the bottom

IMG_0396.JPG

OP
OP
A

aalhait

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex Control Box:

IMG_0869 2.JPG

IMG_0870 2.JPG

iPad mini for Apex Fusion
Amazon Tablet for AC3P (still running after 25 years for my marine fish tank in the wall)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@aalhait looking good! Any updates on your reef?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 71 42.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back