OP
AKReef

AKReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice
Im just thinking maybe you want to add some unions in case you need to do some work down the line

I like soft tube because it eliminates the sharp turns that are in elbows etc

Neat Hard plumbing looks better though

Unions are just out of the picture closer to the overflow. The ABS bulkheads sort of act like unions as they are Easley disconnected. I was going to place some unions above the bulkheads, but decided they were overkill.

I was going to do all hard plumb, but my LFS talked me out of it when he reminded me of how often we have earthquakes here. I agree hard plumb looks way better.

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unions are just out of the picture closer to the overflow. The ABS bulkheads sort of act like unions as they are Easley disconnected. I was going to place some unions above the bulkheads, but decided they were overkill.

I was going to do all hard plumb, but my LFS talked me out of it when he reminded me of how often we have earthquakes here. I agree hard plumb looks way better.

I guess your lfs knows best
so go with all soft tubing
Your drains look very nice even if it’s soft
Keep up the nice work

Zwogle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build, look forward to the progress, plenty of tank time during winter

OP
OP
AKReef

AKReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a good pic of my return line. I realized I hadn’t shown that yet. Missing one fitting, or else I’d have it completely done.

Right now I have my carbon reactor hanging from it since the sump isn’t running yet lol

dcede2208c64a590e395176aa5b06f33.jpg

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks great! You're doing a great job. I just started up a 250g (96x24x25) I. May and I went with 2x 8x54w ATI dimmable fixtures with a reefbrite xho on the front of each. What sort of corals are you looking to grow?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them big builds, great planning and execution!:)

OP
OP
AKReef

AKReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks great! You're doing a great job. I just started up a 250g (96x24x25) I. May and I went with 2x 8x54w ATI dimmable fixtures with a reefbrite xho on the front of each. What sort of corals are you looking to grow?

It’s mostly likely going to be a LPS dominant tank. They’ll likely be SPS in there, but I haven’t had a lot of luck with them in the past. Maybe that will change.

OP
OP
AKReef

AKReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them big builds, great planning and execution!:)

Thanks. I’ve been planning this one for about 12 mos while getting the house built. Enough time to have a good idea what I wanted, but also too much time where I’ve changed my mind a 100 times too lol

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Loving it!

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent most of today working on plumbing.

Here are the return lines connected to the sump.

e1583f928ec45e693d4f08a1265639f8.jpg

My manifold, just need to connect to sump. I’m still debating whether to hard plumb or used barb fittings and tubing.

29849bd80b59beb04895224de8626dd3.jpg
Following along. Quick question - where did you get the grey clamps that you are using to attach the PVC pipes to the stand? Working on my build right now and could use a few of those. Excited to see how this build turns out.

Carlos Danger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. Quick question - where did you get the grey clamps that you are using to attach the PVC pipes to the stand? Working on my build right now and could use a few of those. Excited to see how this build turns out.
You can pick those clamps up at Bulk Reef Supply. He used a bunch of them on his BRS 160 gallon Reef Savvy build. I picked some up and used them on mine.

Carlos Danger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice start on the build. For not being in it very long and jumping from a Innovative Marine SR60 to your new setup is impressive. Keep up the good work and happy reefing!!! I look forward to seeing your progress.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back