AlexLT macroalgae tank

Another sponge to my collection
20250208_112503.jpg
 
Absolutely stunning tank congratulations! I wish more people used macro in their tanks.
How often do the macro go sexual? And does the tank ever go through "bad looking" periods?
What are your goals for this tank?
 
Absolutely stunning tank congratulations! I wish more people used macro in their tanks.
How often do the macro go sexual? And does the tank ever go through "bad looking" periods?
What are your goals for this tank?
How often do the macro go sexual?
-Never). Caulerpa prolifera is very stable and "slow grow" type of Caulerpa.

And does the tank ever go through "bad looking" periods?
- This tank is very stable, everything is good all the time)

What are your goals for this tank?
- A difficult question. The goals are still in the process of being formed)
 
Last edited:
The new sponge fits perfect. It adds balance, and it's beautiful.
 
Have you considered changing the background color? I think most macro tanks pop a little more if the background is more blue-white, like so:
1739072029041.png
 
Have you considered changing the background color? I think most macro tanks pop a little more if the background is more blue-white, like so:
1739072029041.png
There's not a lot of white backed aquariums available. I agree I think the white back round adds more contrast to the macro than the standard black.
 
nice, where did you et the macros and nems, also how do you keep the astrina stars and bubble algae in control???
Asterina stars and bubble algae is not to much no need to control
Мacroalgae are brought by suppliers and can be purchased
 
nice, where did you et the macros and nems, also how do you keep the astrina stars and bubble algae in control???
Mаcroalgae compete with each other, Gracilaria grows upon of Wallonia.
20250212_224613.jpg
 
Last edited:
Really natural looking, amazing tank
What lights are you running?
 
Thanks
1×Popbloom 16s
Photoperiod 16 hour
Is your photoperiod that long because of low par, since it claims only 100 par at 40cm? I was always curious about the AliExpress lights, they seem like a very good value.
I can see fixtures that look like radions plus blades being built with AliExpress lights since not everyone will be capable of a full diy light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new