Algae and red slime no more

  • Thread starter Thread starter kred
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kred

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2014
Messages
25
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a new tank up and running 3 months and was having trouble with green hair algae and no matter what I did the cyanobacteria would not go away. I tried it all.
My solution-impatience. I just started packing it with corals, algae and cyanobacteria went away asap. Why? I don't know. Any guesses?
 
Sounds like your tank was experiencing the new cycle tank and that came to an end just as you helped remove what was already there! Congrats!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new