Algae Blenny not eating.

StormyVT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I moved my algae blenny from my old tank to my new and he doesn't seem interested in eating. He was eating nori from a clip in the old tank just fine. since I moved him three days ago he doesn't touch the nori in the clip. Just was wondering if this is normal after a move to a new tank or if there was something I should be doing differently?

OP
OP
S

StormyVT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not tried that. I will have to try that. Thank you

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not tried that. I will have to try that. Thank you
I feed a 3/4"-1" square piece (single sheet) of green seaweed on the upper surface of a small rock. Fish and inverts love it! Hope the little guy is back to munching normally!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something else that may or may not help is allocating him his own "rock". Many times all the other fish and inverts pile on when the seaweed is dropped in the tank, so I placed two rocks with seaweed on opposite ends of the tank to ensure he was getting enough (he wasn't, and it did the trick).

I also managed to convert my "herbivore" into an "omnivore", and while he still eats seaweed and algae, he loves and actively devours mysis shrimp.

OP
OP
S

StormyVT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll have to try both of those ways tonight. Thank you

OP
OP
S

StormyVT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something else that may or may not help is allocating him his own "rock". Many times all the other fish and inverts pile on when the seaweed is dropped in the tank, so I placed two rocks with seaweed on opposite ends of the tank to ensure he was getting enough (he wasn't, and it did the trick).

I also managed to convert my "herbivore" into an "omnivore", and while he still eats seaweed and algae, he loves and actively devours mysis shrimp.
Thanks for the advice it worked amazingly and he's back to eating.

Back