Algae blenny starving

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But mine never ate any of those things. It’s only a problem now because there is no algae in the tank for him to graze on. Maybe he does have a parasite though.
I could never isolate him and quarantine him with Prazipro, though. He would not let me catch him. If you can isolate him, that might give him a chance.

By the way, I also moved some algae from the sump to the DT just for him....wouldn't touch any of it but used to be a pig about it. :/

OP
OP
JohnnyTJ09

JohnnyTJ09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could never isolate him and quarantine him with Prazipro, though. He would not let me catch him. If you can isolate him, that might give him a chance.

By the way, I also moved some algae from the sump to the DT just for him....wouldn't touch any of it but used to be a pig about it. :/
I doubt I could isolate him. I have a large tank with tons of rock work and he’s kinda timid when I put my hand in the tank.

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt I could isolate him. I have a large tank with tons of rock work and he’s kinda timid when I put my hand in the tank.
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm pretty sure Prazipro would've saved my blenny if I could've treated him with it.

Seems like the only course of action is to try to get him to eat something as the others suggested.

rirun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna try that now. How should I soak it in garlic?
I use Garlic Guard and just soak the pellets in a glass bowl or use a dropper to add it on the sheets of nori. I sometimes rip the nori into bite size pieces and soak those with the pellets.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Havent met a blenny that didnt love Hikari Seaweed Extreme.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back