OP
OP
AzReefn

AzReefn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try reef frenzy. I have a hi fin red banded goby that loves it.
20171230_170956.jpg

I'll have to try that.
Thanks Robin!

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not in my opinion. I have some larger pieces mixed in with my sand and the goby uses them to shore up tunnels he digs on occasion. He'll meander across the tank to grab specific pieces sometimes.

I agree with this 100%. My sand was once cluttered with Broken rock pieces, abandon shells, random pebbles, not it’s this nice fine white grain sand all across the viewing area. He took it all and piled it off next to the rocks in a corner. Out of sight, out of mind!
-Zack

OP
OP
AzReefn

AzReefn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, you need fine sand in there. That's way too coarse for a sifting goby. You need no bigger than Fiji pink, preferably oolite sized sand. I'd try target feeding him with some small mysis to make sure he's getting enough.

I'm making my pod order from algae barn today but decided to try to feed him mysis last night. I used a coral feeder and when I put it down in the water near him he came right up to it and ate the mysis, he even tried to suck some out of the feeder lol. It appears he's already been target fed or he was just really hungry. I think I'll just feed him mysis a couple times a week when I feed my Acans even after I boost my pod population.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you not have any other fish to feed? Mine swims around with the other fish at feeding time (twice a day).

OP
OP
AzReefn

AzReefn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you not have any other fish to feed? Mine swims around with the other fish at feeding time (twice a day).

I do. I have 2 Clarkii Clowns, 2 Bangaii Cardinals, 1 yellow Tang, 1 Goby, fire shrimp, some snails and hermits and a few corals. I've been mainly feeding mysis and brine shrimp until I got the Tang. After that I got Nori and my LFS recommended herbivore frenzy. Robin suggested reef frenzy which looks to be good as it has a little something for everyone. I will be getting reef frenzy this weekend. Goby hasn't swam with others during feeding yet, just picking scraps when they drop to the bottom. He did really like the mysis though. Also Goby has only been in the tank a week.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you feed the rest daily or is that a couple times a week as well? The goby should be fed daily.

OP
OP
AzReefn

AzReefn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@madweazl

I feed daily.
I'm working on getting my pod population up at the moment but I will target feed my Goby mysis daily until then as well as getting the reef frenzy. That should keep him fat and healthy :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back